Rating the Cafes in Williamsburg 

Springtime is the best time to wander around Williamsburg with an iced coffee (or chai) in hand. There are an abundance of cafes to choose from around town if you’re looking for a new spot to study and fuel up on caffeine. Here are my ratings for the cafes in williamsburg! 

Starting with the two on-campus cafes that you’re probably very familiar with: 

Column 15

• Menu: I’m a big fan of matcha lattes and this one wasn’t too bad! Column 15 on campus doesn’t have too many options for drinks, especially non-coffee options, but there’s definitely something for everyone. They also have some good muffins and other pastries.
  • Ambiance: I love studying in Swem’s cafe area because it’s so lively!
  • Overall rating: 4 stars

Town Center Cold Pressed

• Menu: I usually don’t get drinks from town center, but the coffee cake is super tasty. They have a wide variety of smoothies/juices and bagels too. 
  • Ambiance: The first floor of Sadler isn’t my personal favorite to hang around, but it’s a convenient spot for a quick coffee break being close to the center of campus.  
  • Overall rating: 3 stars

Aromas

• Menu: Aromas has something for everyone! I love their chai lattes. 
  • Ambiance: I love the ability to sit inside or out at Aromas! It’s usually very packed though and can get pretty loud, but the cafe ambiance at aromas is fantastic. 
  • Overall rating: 5 stars 

Secret Garden

• Menu: Secret Garden is unique in the fact that it sells boba tea! I got the brown sugar boba which was good. They have so many different options!
  • Ambiance: Secret Garden is a cute little cafe! It’s also right next to Merchant Square which is the perfect spot to study or peoplewatch. 
  • Overall rating: 4 stars

Tipsy Beans Cafe

• Menu: Lots of unique drink options and fantastic food! I got the caramel apple spice steamer and french toast which were both delicious! 
  • Ambiance: Some indoor and outdoor seating, but can get cramped. 
  • Overall rating: 5 stars

The Bake Shop

• Menu: The menu for Bake Shop pastries changes everyday so the options are always fresh and different! I love the bagels from the Bake Shop. Also you can use dining dollars at this location! 
  • Ambiance: Bake Shop doesn’t have indoor seating as their location is quite small and can only fit around 20 people. 
  • Overall rating: 4 stars 

Illy Caffe 

• Menu: Illy doesn’t have that much on their menu, especially non-coffee alternatives. 
  • Ambiance: The ambiance of Illy cafe is top notch. The European style cafe with indoor seating is a perfect setting for studying or reading and right outside is Merchant Square!

Overall rating: 4 stars