Tips for Managing Your Time in College

Working two jobs and being a full time student requires a lot of efficient time management. Here are some ways that I approach time management.

1. Write EVERYTHING out – At the beginning of each week I like to write every single assignment that will be due, what I’m learning in each lecture, any events or important dates that are coming up in the week. I also make a list of what the following week will look like just to have an idea of things that might need to be started this week
  2. Daily priorities – making sure you’re aware of the different importance of tasks can be especially helpful when prioritizing what to get done first. Usually the things that are due earlier are of higher priority.
  3. Prepping the night before – I lay out my outfits, pack lunches, plan out my daily schedule the night before so I don’t have to worry about it the next morning!
  4. Use a visual, digital calendar – I use google calendar for scheduling all aspects of my life. I can easily see what overlaps and time that I can use for studying, what events I have, and add tasks to each day.

My organic chemistry professor, Professor Speight, likes to say: instead of balancing our time, we should create harmony within it. I hope these tips help you find harmony in your day!